Responsibilities for health and safety:
- Ensuring that the safety and health policy is understood at all levels within the organisation.
- Advising management on matters relating to the safety, health and welfare for employees.
- Co-ordinate and/or carry out site inspections and risk assessments as required.
- Monitoring accidents and dangerous occurrences and the completed records maintained by management.
- Ensuring that the safety statement is continually monitored and revised as necessary (a minimum of once a year).
- Ensuring that safety and health documentation is kept up to date.
- Co-ordination of the responsibilities with those of the appointed safety representative.
- Delegate the responsibility to the safety representative on matters of health and safety at RIM Enterprise
- Ensuring adequate arrangements are in place for responding to an emergency.
- Discuss site accidents/ reporting procedures, assist in identifying corrective actions.
- Respond to queries individual employees may bring to him/her.
- Supporting the service managers in managing health and safety.
- To review health and safety inspections, audits and risk assessment and, where necessary, assist the development of action plans and identify assigned responsibility to correct noted deficiencies.
- The implementation of specific training programmes relevant to the nature of RIM Enterprise.where and when necessary.
Training & Information
Training and Information Health and safety training is provided to all employees at RIM Enterprise. in compliance with the preventative approach of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
- Identification of Training Needs Training needs of employees are identified at induction and reviewed annually at their staff appraisal and at each management review meeting.
- Specific Training
Specific safety and health training is provided to employees involved in activities as in the relevant sections of the safety statement. This includes: Manager responsibilities.
- First aid
- Use of fire fighting equipment
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Emergency Procedures Evacuation Drill
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights
- Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs)
- Lock Out Tag Out